Make Your Own Mascara with Coconut Oil & Beeswax Posted on 6 Dec 09:47 , 0 comments
Whether you’re a crafty goddess or new to the DIY scene, making your own makeup is easy, fun and gives you complete control over the ingredients you put on your skin – or in this case, eyelashes! If your eyes are sensitive, you already may have switched to natural mascara. Take gentle to the next level with a brush-on color your create yourself, using pure, organic items from your kitchen cabinet and beauty-shelf stash. This recipe includes options for light black, dark black and chocolaty brown shades.
Make Your Own Mascara with Coconut Oil & Beeswax
*Use ½ tsp. for dark black mascara.
**Empty mascara tubes can be found online. Another option is to store mascara in a small jar and carefully apply with a toothpick instead of a brush.
- In a small saucepan, combine aloe vera gel, beeswax and coconut oil; warm over low heat, stirring until beeswax is melted.
- Carefully open activated charcoal capsules, measure desired amount and add to pan. Stir well to combine, then remove pan from stove.
- Using a funnel, pour liquid into mascara tube or jar. (Note: a plastic bag with corner cut off may be used in place of a funnel.)
- Store mascara in refrigerator or cool area. Let cool completely before using.
- Add additional beeswax for a mascara with greater hold.
- For best results, keep mascara refrigerated with a tight lid (so it doesn’t dry out).
- Mascara will last up to six months. After six months, make a new batch.
Originally posted on Vitalize with Vitacost .
About the author:
Liana Werner-Gray is the founder and owner of The Earth Diet and an advocate for natural healing using a healthy diet and lifestyle. Her intention is to live her life the best she can, and hopefully to inspire others to live the lives of their dreams through a healthy lifestyle.