Apple Cider Vinegar | The Solution to End All of Your Problems...Almost Posted on 2 Sep 09:42 , 0 comments
6 Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
If you are committed to finding natural and healthy alternatives for everyday issues - look towards apple cider vinegar (ACV). ACV has been tossed around like a hot potato as a be-all-end-all solution, especially recently. While some of those uses are in fact true, others are a far cry from reality. My favorite are rumors that ACV will help you lose weight…well unfortunately it doesn’t. However, it has been shown to aid in weight management and digestion, especially after eating foods high in starch. Don’t expect the lbs to melt away, you still need to practice healthy eating and exercise.
Aside from helping you control your weight, apple cider vinegar is great at doing pretty much anything from moisturizing hair to cleaning your house. So let’s start with the basics.
- A Natural House-Hold Cleaner: ACV is made of nothing but apples and time. Apples have been pressed into juice, allowed to sit and sit…and sit…..and sit until finally! APPLE CIDER VINEGAR is born! Pour ½ cup of your favorite brand into a spray bottle with 1 cup of water and throw your other chemical based cleaners away.
- Shiny Hair: Not only will ACV toss the shiny back into your hair but will also help reduce frizz, seal cuticles (no, not on your nails) and stimulate growth. Pour a few tablespoons into a cup after shampooing and rinse away!
- Sunburn Relief: If you’ve had too much fun in the sun, my bet is moving is the last thing you want to do. So either grin and bear it or call over a buddy to dab your sunburnt areas with a cloth soaked in ACV. The vinegar will help soothe and prevent any peeling that may occur.
- Weight Management & Digestion: Drinking apple cider vinegar with a starchy meal will help feed the good bacteria in your stomach using the undigested starches. A study published by the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed reduced VLDL (Very Low Density Lipoprotein) and triglycerides levels. Triglycerides are the main components of natural oils and fats. At high levels, one is at an increased risk of stroke. Only a few tablespoons is necessary (2-3).
- Lower High Blood Sugar & Controlling Diabetes: A study conducted by the American Diabetes Association found that drinking two tablespoons of vinegar daily can help reduce blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity in healthy or insulin-resistant people.
- Natural Produce Wash: Similar to cleaning your house, no one wants to add chemicals to their produce. To combat this, mix 4 tablespoons of ACV with a gallon of cold water. You can then use it to rinse away dirt, bugs and pesticides off of your precious veggies.
Those who are looking to ingest apple cider vinegar, please do so in moderation. ACV is acidic and with overuse, can damage teeth enamel. Otherwise, have a blast exploring the many ways you can use this wonderful liquid. To gain the most benefit, look for a raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. I personally like Bragg’s Organic ACV.